0

Jarvis Landry Reportedly Turned Down Deal With Browns, Made Offers of His Own

Share

According to Ian Rappaport on the Pat McAfee Show, the Cleveland Browns reportedly offered Jarvis Landry a one-year deal. It’s also been reported that Jarvis Landry made some offers of his own to the Browns, but the two sides couldn’t come to an agreement.

Jarvis Landry turned down a one-year deal from the #Browns, per @RapSheet

— Brandon Little (@BrandonLittleFB) May 10, 2022

Free Agent wide receiver Jarvis Landry is searching for a new team after playing for the Browns from 2018 to 2021. The former second-round draft pick spend 2014 to 2017 with the Miami Dolphins prior to the trade that sent him to Cleveland.

Landry is a 5-time Pro-Bowler and at 29 years old, is struggling to get a mega-deal like the 5-year $75 million deal he played on for the Browns. It has been rumored that Jarvis Landry was seeking $20 million per year earlier this off-season.

According to Brad Stainbrook (The OBR, 24/7 Sports), the Browns never offered more than the veteran minimum to Jarvis Landry. Stainbrook also mentioned that Jarvis took offers of his own to the Browns’ front office, only to be turned away.

The #Browns never made an offer to Jarvis Landry that was above the veteran minimum, per a league source.

I’m told Landry presented a few different offers throughout the offseason to Cleveland—they said no to all of them.

— Brad Stainbrook (@StainbrookNFL) May 10, 2022

The Cleveland Browns are likely moving forward without Jarvis Landry or any other veteran free agent wide receivers. They appear comfortable with Amari Cooper, Donovan People-Jones, Anthony Schwartz, David Bell, Jakeem Grant, and the others already on the roster. Just yesterday (May 9th, 2022), Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk wrote that the door on Landry returning to Cleveland is closed.

The post Jarvis Landry Reportedly Turned Down Deal With Browns, Made Offers of His Own appeared first on The Dawgs Table.

Generated by Feedzy